Jul 26, 2012

1955 Kerns Rd.

I finally got my new house numbers up. And, I love them.  I knocked the old ones off from above the garage in like 2 seconds.  They were pretty nasty.  Some dinky plastic things and there was spider nests behind them.  Yuck.  I sanded down the wood and then painted over the section where they were.

It's like they never existed.

Then I drilled in my new ones.




Weird what a difference new house numbers can make.

Hopefully this weekend, Ryan will get up our new light fixture.  It's been 2 weeks.  My max is 4, then I hire someone.

I really wanted the iron house numbers from Restoration Hardware.  They weren't too pricey, but I thought I'd double check EBay first.  And what do ya know, I got my beauty numbers for half the price, and they are way nicer than RH.  ALWAYS, check ebay before you buy anything!!!

Still got a lot of work to do outside.  I've ordered my new door, but it'll be 8 weeks before it gets here.  I'm going to do a post about local door shopping soon.  I also have a solid plan for my exterior.  Can you believe I finally have a plan!  I had a little designer help, but I am confident that it's going to look amazing.  I just need a wee bit of cash to get 'er all done...haha...just a wee bit.  wink wink honey.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Perfectly centered! Did you measure from each side 3X like someone we know, or did you wing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm smarter than you think! I lay the numbers out on a piece of craft paper and traced them, and marked where the screws go. I matched the centre of the kraft paper to the centre of the portico and taped it. Marked the screw holes on the portico and bob's your uncle.

      Mt legs were shaking so bad on the ladder that I actually dropped the "1" and it snapped in half. Bahhaha, luckily you can't see, i was a pretty clean break!!!

      Delete