Jul 11, 2013

Grace's Room Reveal

Grace's room is finally complete and I couldn't be happier.  Especially since I completed the entire room for just $250 BUCKS!!!!

It's exactly what I would have wanted as  a 5 year old!!!  One day she wanted a fashion room, the next a dance room.  So I plunked in a full length mirror and an iPod filled with pop songs.  She's a happy girl - check out her reaction here!!!


Over the next few days, I'll be posting some of the DIY projects I did in this room, and sharing some of the details.  For now, enjoy the overall project!!!

Here is it!!!









Some Before & Afters...





A few details...












Budget:

Paint - $47
Spray Paint (4 cans) - $21.65
Bedding - $79.99
Curtains - $6.97 x 2 = $13.94
Wall Frames - $6.50
Table Frames - $6.99 + $1.00 = $7.99
Feather Boa - $1
Chair Fabric - $12
Vintage Light Fixture $40
Trim for Curtain Rod - $4.25
Paint for Wall Tree - $3.94
Wall letters - $3.90
Curtain tie backs  - $10


Total`$252.16

8 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the colors! So happy and fun! Saw you featured at Better After! Would love if you came by and joined my link party, Give Me The Goods {1 party, 4 , but soon to be 5 blogs!}

    -Amber @ Dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber for stopping by. I joined your link party! So many great projects were listed. I'm planning on looking at all of them over a glass of pinot tonight!!! Thanks again, CAIT

      Delete
  2. Love the room! Can ask where you got the bedding? I am thinking my little girl,who just turned 5,would love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany. Thanks for stopping by. I actually got the bedding set at Home Sense. I just got it last week, so they may still have it. Another great place for girls bedding is Target. It's a little more pricey, but they have the cutest stuff for girls!!!

      Delete
  3. Saw this on better after. Super cute. In the midst of redoing my 6 year olds room. Could you tell me what color/brand paint that is, and also where you found that bedding? Bedding is always the hardest part!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! The colour is Balmy Seas by Behr. I used the paint and primer in one and only had to do one coat. And one can of paint covered the entire room and ceiling - love that stuff!!!
      The bedding I purchased from Home Sense in Burlington, Ontario. I got it just a couple of weeks ago, so they may still have it.
      I was debating b/w this bedding, and one from Target. Target has some cute stuff. you should check it out! Only problem is it's quite a bit more pricey. But they have sales all of the time!!!
      Good luck. Would love to see pics when you are all done!

      Delete
  4. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete