Aug 12, 2012

James's Room


James got lucky.  His room is next on the list.  I don't know why since not much in his room is bugging me.  I think I chose to do his room next because I have had this inspiration shot in my files forever, and I can't wait to execute it.

I believe I found this picture in a BHG magazine a few years ago and then tracked it down on line.  I've always been a fan of Navy and White, so here goes nothing.  The blue colour is called BLUE by Benjamin Moore, and I'll be using left over CIL Crisp Linen for the white.

I'm going to paint his tall boy dresser a light gray.  I got a quote from Paint It Like New in Burlington to have it sprayed.  It'll cost me $300, so I'm going to attempt to do it myself, and if it's horrible, I fork out the dough to have it done professionally.


I'm also going to be building his some cornices for the windows.  The windows are awkward since one goes right up against the wall.  Can't put panels, and I hate roman shades since they are difficult to pull up and down. 

So, I'll do cornices with white wood blinds.  Here are the fabrics I am considering.  Although I am sure I'll end up on Ottawa st. in Hamilton picking out something...
tonicliving.com

tonicliving.com
What else??? I'll be searching for some bedside tables to paint black and maybe a desk.  I've already got the bedding....

This is going to take a few weeks since we are getting our entire house rewired for the next 2 weeks.  All projects on hold until that's done.

:) CAIT

No comments:

Post a Comment