Jul 16, 2012

Exterior decisions


If you've talked to me in the last 2 weeks, you know how much the exterior of my house is irritating me.  Seriously, I can live with someone else's appliances, and even a yellow ceramic tiled shower.... But I can't stand having an ugly exterior.  I want a new door.  I want new shutters.  I want new garage doors.  And, I want to paint my brick.  I don't care what anyone thinks!!!!  I want to paint my stupid brick.

Here's my house when we first moved in.


I want raised panelled shutters...not louvered in a deep taupe colour, or black.


Garage doors will be Coach style.  I'd like black handles. The colour will be a sandstone - the same colour as the window casings.


I picked out a new front door.  A black executive style door, with a 3/4 lite, antique bubble glass and an interior black iron grid.  Make sense??  Here's kinda a picture...


I wanted black, but Ryan wants red.  A red door?  That throws off my whole plan.  But, I thought he may have a point.  So, I found some old red exterior paint I had from the farm and went to town painting the existing door red just to see if I'd like it.  It takes 8 weeks to get my new door, so why not?!?!


 F-words - I hate it when he's right.  I like it red!!!
I took off the storm door and now I think the red door looks great.  I'm back to square one.

As of now

  • I removed the storm doors
  • I'm ordering the new front door in red.  
  • I bought some new, gorgeous Murray Fiess light fixtures that Ryan is installing (one above the portico and one between the garage doors)
  • I painted that ugly piece of brown above the garage doors.  
  • I also ordered some new house numbers that'll go on the portico.  
  • And, you can't see, but I painted my mailbox black.
Now that my door is going to be red, I have to come up with a new plan.  I'm putting off the new shutters and garage doors until the spring when I am ready to paint the brick.  We're getting a new roof in the spring so that'll make a huge difference.

I'm having a hard time committing to anything in this house!  Hope that's a sign this house is "the one".


A small before & after!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete