Jul 15, 2012

DIY Kitchen Banquette

The BEFORE...


The AFTER...


My original plan with this banquette was to just make covers for the pink cushions.  BUT, when I took them off to give them a good clean, I literally had to peeeeel them off.  BARF.  The underside of them all were covered in grease and rice.  No joke.  It was so nasty.  So, I put gloves on, put them in the back of my van, and brought them to the dump.  EWWWWW.

On to plan B... Call my Dad!

First, I made a stencil with kraft paper of the 3 pieces I wanted to make.



Then, I headed to Pop's house to go lumber shopping and cut our plywood to size and get Baba to watch the kiddies while I go fabric hunting...  My Favourite thing on earth to do!!



At home, I cut the foam to size and used spray adhesive to adhere it to the plywood.



Next, I layed out my fabric and batting and went bananas stapling.  I knew 2 years in Cut 'n Paste school would come in handy.


Every great piece of art needs a signature!



Flip it over, put it in place and admire my hard work...


Can't forget to sew 100 pillows to match.




I love how it turned out.  The best part, is that when I get bored of the fabric, I can rip it off and re-staple a new pattern.  Super Easy.  I also chose an Outdoor fabric.  My kids have spilled everything imaginable already, and it beads right off.  Awesome!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment