May 25, 2012

Built-Ins (Kind of!)

I absolutely love the look of built ins, but I hate the cost that is associated with them!  The family room in my new house could use some nice built ins on either side of the fire place (see pic below!) and I would love to do something wall to wall in the kids new playroom.  But errr, the $$$$. 

Would love some built ins on either side of the fireplace.
So, I've been doing some research online to find out how I can cut the cost.  I was amazed at the amount of DIYers out there that tackled, and succeeded, in creating their own semi-built-ins.  Check these out!

This incredible DIY Built In was created by CentsationalGirl.com.  It was made out of Ikea Billy Bookcases.  Awesome.  I would totally do this in my kids playroom.


The floor to ceiling built ins were created with Billy Bookshelves and Billy Height Extensions.  Can you believe the whole project cost just $368.  Created by JustAGirlBlog.com


One of my most favourite is from Mini Manor Blog.  I love how she used didn't depths.  Maybe this shorter style would suit either side of my fireplace.  That'll leave room for some pretty art work...hummmmm



This one featured on Better Home and Gardens cost only $324.  I could totally do this in my laundry/mud room!


As if my Dad's "Honey To Do" list at home wasn't big enough!!  The one at my house keeps getting bigger and bigger!

2 comments: