Feb 11, 2015

Gold Dipped Hall Table

A huge trend I've been seeing this year is Gold Dipped accessories and furniture.  It's all over home decor sites like Pinterest, Apartment Therapy and trendy stores like Anthropologie.

I decided to take a go at this trend, and transformed a boring Bombay Co. hall table, to a chic, trendy show stopper that's already getting a ton of attention at The Painted Bench Oakville.



I started off by using painters tape and taping off the legs about half way.  Next, I painted on Artisan Enhancements Leaf & Foil Size.  I just used an old chip brush.  The stuff is stiiiiiicky, and there is no point in trying to save your brush!!! I let it dry for an hour, and next, I cut a fair size piece of gold foil and pressed onto the sticky surface.  It comes right off.  Super easy!  I wanted the legs fully covered, so I repeated the whole process a second time to make sure I got full coverage with the gold.... I did the same thing to the handles!!  The foil needs a top coat to be sealed, so I used General Finishes Top coat in Satin.

I'm very happy with how this piece turned out.  I think it's awesome and I'm now totally hooked on gold foil.  I want to gold dip everything!!!







1 comment:

  1. absolutely gorgeous!!! I think you should have your own store.... :)

    ReplyDelete