Oct 17, 2014

Mixing a Custom Colour using Chalk Paint

I LOVE LOVE LOVE painting people's furniture for them.  Bringing an old piece back to life is awesome, especially when it's a sentimental piece... but 99% of the time, I'm painting the pieces either white or black.  Needless to say, it does get a tad boring every now and then...

Recently, I had a new customer bring me an old dresser she wanted done for her new baby girl's nursery... and she wanted it HOT PINK!!! Yea... a colour ;)  Annie Sloan doesn't make a hot pink, so I custom mixed a colour to acheive the look I was going for...

2 parts Old White to 1 part Emperor's Silk

The key to making a custom colour is lots of practice.  Grab a blank sheet of paper and start mixing, being sure to record your recipe along the way.

Link

I had a hard time getting a good pic of the pink I mixed.  My house is dark and I don't get a lot of natural light, but you get the idea!!










7 comments:

  1. Its really interesting info you shared here and I'm going to follow these simple tips. thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The final color is awesome. Cool post. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The final color is awesome. Cool post. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. It is very useful information. Thanks for sharing.
    SEO Training Institute in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chalk paint made the furniture so bright and stylish.
    IELTS classes in Kuwait

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete