Feb 17, 2014

Painted Furniture and LOTS of pics!!

I still can't believe how much painted furniture I have seen in designer rooms these days.  It really has become a huge trend.  And, it's not just for us lovers of shabby chic, it really is for any style.


The best part of painted furniture, is you can save a ton of money by repurposing the pieces you have laying around your house.  No need to spend money on new pieces - just bring it back to life with a few coats of paint.

I have many clients who have heirloom pieces that are beat up and dated, but they can't bear to give it away or trash it.  So, the pieces end up wasting space and collecting dust in the basement.  Rather than have the piece be forgotten, I paint it, and they are proud to make it a part of their home.



Traditional Dining Room by Princeville Media & Bloggers Kasey Buick

My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this year.  In the first couple of years of marriage, we purchased a lot of quality furniture pieces with the mind set that it will last us forever.  After a couple of moves (okay, several moves) our pieces are banged up, and some are looking dated.  We spent so much money, I don't want to replace anything.  And, it's such a shame to sell the pieces for a fraction of what they are worth.

I hear this complaint all of the time.  Especially from folks that purchased that quality, 'Amish' made, honey oak furniture that was so popular 20 years ago.    The pieces really did stand true to their quality claims.  They look brand new, but unfortunately, the 'look' doesn't look so current.

These are the types of pieces that are fabulous to paint.  Give them new life, and they will last another 20 years.



Eclectic Hall by Dublin Architects & Designers Optimise Design

All of my examples can be found on Houzz.com or by clicking on the pictures.
Do you have a piece of furniture that you would like painted?  Send me a note!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw office chairs ft lauderdale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is must for a furniture. It increases the beauty of furniture. Although there are many furniture those don't need painting. If you searching for a furniture without painting then check the best recliners reviews.

    ReplyDelete