Jan 9, 2014

Another Hall Tree!

I snagged this hall tree off kijiji months ago... Oh man, I can remember what a pain it was.  The guy and I were going back and forth on a price for at least 20 emails.  Finally we settled, and I got him to deliver it to my house.  When he arrived, it was pouring rain, the guy was a jerk, and the hall tree was in worse shape than he led me to believe.  Luckily, the bones of the piece were great and I had a vision....


Here is the sad hall tree before... 



And here it is after!






I did 2 coats of country grey (my favouirte neutral right now), distressed the edges and added bit of dark wax to highlight the edges.  This piece had to be done in a contrasting, light colour.  If I had done it in black, It would have looked like a dead, dark shadow.  Painting it in a light, neutral colour allowed me to sand down the edges and have the black pop through.  I saw one in Home Sense almost identical to this for $500 bucks.  Crazy.

P.S. This piece is available for purchase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment