Nov 18, 2013

Working with a new colour - ARLES!!

As most of you know, I only use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  It's my favourite paint to work with and comes in some of the most vibrant, beautiful colours.  I generally only work with neutrals, like white, black, and beige, but sometimes, I get to experiment with bold colours... like Emperor's Silk seen here on a hall tree and my office desk (excuse the mess)...




Recently, I purchased this beauty at my favourite store in Hamilton, The Painted Bench.  


They were kind enough to throw in a can of paint, so I thought I would be bold and choose a colour that I have always wanted to work with, but have never had a chance - Annie Sloan ARLES.

Source

Source

Dare I do a whole buffet in golden yellow?  Errrrrr, I thought I had the balls to do it, but now I am second guessing myself.  So, I did a little test piece to see if I liked it.  

Here is the 'before' pic...



And the 'after'





So what do you think?  Should I do the whole buffet in yellow??  eeeeee, I'm scared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment