Jun 10, 2013

Powder Room Complete!

Having a party at my house was the kick in the ass I needed to get this powder room complete.  I gave myself 5 days, which I assumed was a ton of time, until I realized exactly what I was getting myself into.  I hammered in my last nail literally seconds before my party started.  BUT, I finished!!!  (well, close enough.  I still need to add some molding at the ceiling and finish caulking the backsplash...)

Here it is!



What I did!
- Removed ugly wallpaper border (BRUTAL!!Took me hours for this one dinky boarder)
- Moved light fixture down 12" and replaced.. well, I didn't move it, our electricians did.
- Spray painted vanity (semi gloss white)
- New countertop (carrara marble), mirror, faucet
- Replaced knobs
- Painted trim and door
- Painted Walls (Behr Evening Haze)

I originally painted the walls Behr Ancient Marble - the same colour as my family room.  But, it turned out this nasty, mint, 70s green.  Horrible.  Bland.  Ugly.



So off to Bouclair to pick up some wallpaper.  Even more horrible....  Worst, cheapest, wallpaper EVER!!!  It is so thin, it tears and rips so easy.  
Too bad, since the pattern was so beautiful!



So I ripped it all off, headed to Home Depot, and decided on Evening Haze by Behr.  I love how it turned out.

Some more Before Pics..


You can really see the nasty wallpaper border in this pic.  And who puts a light fixture 2" from the ceiling??? LOL

I traced the kids shadows on the wall!!!  They loved it!!!



And the after pics!!!



Old shutter from my farm.  I'll DIY it into a cool picture holder later!!!

Love the contrast between the white and dark colour.

Barn Board towel rack from my farm. 

The old shutter above the toilet is from our farm.  It's a DIY project for a later date.  I'm thinking a photo holder.... fabric, chicken wire and black & white photos!!!!

The towel hook is also an old piece of wood from my farm that I DIY'd. You can see that tutorial here.

Hope you like it as much as I do!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great mirror! Where did you find it? Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I got it at Home Sense about 6 months ago.

      Delete
    2. Was just at Bouclair this morning and they have a very similar version. It may need a little tweaking since it's glossy white - but it's the same shape.

      Delete
  2. Cait,

    I love the way your powder bathroom turned out, particularly the dark paint color! I'd love to pin this to the Home Depot's All About Paint Pinterest board if you don't mind.

    Cheers!
    Caroline
    Senior Editor, homedepot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Please post on Home Depot's pinterest board!!! That's awesome!
      :) Cait

      Delete
  3. And I forgot to tell you, the light fixture and faucet are from Home Depot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete