Dec 19, 2012

Dollar Store Candle Craft (FAIL!)

You can't win them all my friends - this is my first (shared) craft fail.

My original idea came from this post on Glitter Guide which I found on Pinterest.
Double sided tape + glitter = easy, cute, glittered stuff.

I wanted to make 2 vases for my Christmas dinner table.

First step - collect everything you need from the Dollar Store!

- Vase
- Double sided tape
- Glitter
- Epsom salts



I wanted 2 stripes of red glitter on each vase.  I was paranoid I would tape completely uneven and waste a whole roll of tape, so, I used a stripe of painters tape as a guide.  Then did a row of double sided tape above and below the green tape. Nice and even!


Next, I went bananas with glitter.  It stuck no problem to the double sided tape.  Very good idea Glitter Guide!!



Next, fill your vase with epsom salts - it looks like snow!!!
Then add some cute candles and ta da.  Dollar Store craft at it's best.



Not happy with how they turned out.  I like how the glitter stuck to the tape - very cool tip for future crafts, but these just ended up looking cheezy. 

I ripped off the glitter tape, and now here they are on my festive table.  Nice and plain.  And now I like them.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete