Nov 14, 2012

Family Room is Complete!

I am so excited to share this room with everyone.  It's actually my favourite in the house so far.   It's so cozy, and now that I finally have the PVR hooked up to the TV in there, I can snuggle up with Marley and some pinot and watch my shows after the kids go to bed.

Here is it!


This is what it looked like before we moved in.



Remember when I painted the fireplace surround??


And here it is today....






Yes, hello Marley.  We all see you and love you.

I painted the walls Ancient Marble (Behr) on top, and Crisp Linen (CIL) on the bottom.  The TV cabinet is from IKEA, but I replaced the knobs with some EBay finds.  The coffee table is also from IKEA, but it is a project waiting to happen right now.  I'll be experimenting with nail heads soon!!!  I Love  a good Ikea Hack.

The rug is the rug from Ryan's office.  I hated how my 'make two rugs into one' turned out (see post here).  The seam was way too visible in the open space of the office, but it works perfect in this room.  The 2 rugs are from JYSK.

Here are a few of my favourite things in the room:


My Sister-in-law (and Brother) bought this jug for me for Christmas last year.  It's honestly one of my most favourite things ever.  The candle stick was an engagement gift from my Maid of Honor Lisa waaaaayyyyy back in the day.  


"Remember as far as anyone knows, we are one big happy family" hehe.  My Mom-in-law has a matching one.  LOL


The framed 4 leaf clover was a gift to Ryan.  I bought it as a house warming present to him.  But Lord only know what house it was from.  Anyway, it's a real 4 leaf clover.  I thought it was cool, he however shrugged at it since it wasn't found "au natural".... it was grown in someones green house.  Oh, Ryan.


Those beautiful mercury glass vases are from m mother in law.  I have a thing for mercury glass.  That white jug was a wedding present from Ryan's friend Paul.  Although I am sure he has no recollection of giving it to us, he did.  

And here is my poor naked couch wall.  I have a few things to do here. One, I am going to spray the mirror from Ryan's Office white and hang it.  And two, I found these beautiful frames at Home Sense that I'd like to put up.  Also, my mom bought me this adorable shabby chic mirrors that I'd like to incorporate some how.  It'll be a progress.

I'd also like to spray that lamp blue.  Add it to the list.


Anyway, that's my new cozy family room.  Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment