Apr 23, 2012

DIY Barn Board Coat Rack

Way back when we were tearing down the old barns on the farm, Ryan found this piece of wood and brought it to life as a surprise for me.  I've always cherished it since he made it for me.  While I was unpacking, I found it, and was inspired to make it a functional piece for our new home.



I went to IKEA and bought this 'assembly required' coat rack for $15 bucks.  I liked the hooks and I couldn't seem to find decorative hooks any where in a decent size.  So I chucked the wood and keep the hooks.

I measured them even on my barn board and drilled them in.

I picked up the picture hangers from Walmart and attached them to the back for a sturdy hang.


And there you have it...my very own, completely sentimental and personalized coat rack.





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete