Aug 9, 2011

Who knew picking out exterior windows would be so difficult!

When I met with my builder last week, one of the last things we picked out were the exterior windows.  I was in such a hurry - I had already been there for 3 hours, and my poor in-laws, who were watching the kiddies, were late for an appointment.

Anyway, Slav, my builder, blurts out "what colour do you want the grids".  What?  I dunno?  "Beige".... I'm playing it safe... and he says "Prairie Style, right?".  I respond "Yeah!", like I know what I am talking about.  What the 'h' is "Prairie style"...whatever.

Over the next day or two, I was literally losing sleep over these stupid windows.  My house is planed out to a T in my mind, and I can't have some dumb exterior windows throw a kink in my plans.  So, I email my agent just to be sure on my selections... the next day, my builder is on the phone and he explains to me that the grids will be white on the inside and beige on the outside.  Everything matches the trim.  That's just how it goes.  Great!  I'm thinking to myself "Those window people really are smart"!!!!  BUT, then he says, in his deep, ukie accent, "You want Prairie, not square".  Baaaaa, F-words, that prairie thing again.  I take a chance and say YES!!!

So, here I am, googling "Prairie Style Exterior Windows", and what do you know.... I LOVE it!

These windows are so HOT right now!!!  It seems like all of the new custom homes have this style grid and I must say, I don't blame them.  It’s surprising what a difference a window style can make on the overall appearance and function of a home. Prairie style windows are like a breath of fresh air and give a nice view. They have a dramatic impact on the exterior as well as a clear view from inside.

I am very happy with my choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment