Dec 26, 2011

DIY Door Mat

For Christmas this year, I wanted to give my favourite ladies a  special gift made by yours truly.  So here it is.  A personalized door mat.  I'll be making one for me once I am settled in the new house. I just love how it turned out!

Start off with a natural fiber door mat. Purchase from any local hardware store.  I got this one from WalMart for about $7 bucks!


Next, tape off your border.  I just did 8 long pieces of tape and the used my knife to cut out the overlap.


Then, print out your initial and cut it out using a sharp knife.






Use spray adhesive to adhere the initial to the mat and go bananas with black spray paint.



Taaaaaa Daaaaa



Pottery Barn's for $76.00.  Mine is way cooler!!!


3 comments:

  1. Yup...mine looks like Pottery Barn x 1000....thanks for this Cait....I hope you kept the "G" so you don't have to cut it out again.

    You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well did the spray paint hold up to people rubbing their shoes off on it? Did they rub it off? Or did the black rub off onto their shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kates! The paint didn't wear off on any shoes, but I have noticed some wear on the monogram ...especially now that winter is over! Luckily, I saved the stencil so I'll just give it another quick spray to freshen it up.

    Thanks for your response!

    ReplyDelete