Oct 1, 2011

Great Day!

This morning, I headed out with my builder to do a little shopping.  We drove all the way to Vaughn to pick out my granite and hard wood.  Unfortunately, the granite store was moving locations, so the warehouse was quite empty.  I'll have to go back in a week or so.

But, I was very successful picking out my hard wood.  They didn't have exactly what I wanted, so I am having it made.  A 4 1/4" plank....oak....dark walnut stain...distressed...and 35% gloss.  Make sense???  It's gorgeous.  I'll get a sample in about 4 weeks.

We also took a trip to Sarana Tile in Hamilton.  That's where I get to choose out my tiles for the washrooms and kitchen.  There was SO much to choose from.  I'm glad I went for a quick window shop so next time I go I can be more prepared to actually make some decisions.

All in all it was a great day.  We even popped by a Polish shop to pick up sausage and pickles!!!  I'm pumped to move into my glam home, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with decisions.  Really, what do you pick out first?  Granite, backsplash, light fixtures, door knobs, faucet, sink.  I'm just going to have to trust my (educated) instincts...Stick to the vision :)

Here are some updated picks of the new crib.

The green space that our house faces.

Apparently a park is going in this year.

Front of the house.



This is the view from my front curb.

The pumpkin patch at the end of our court.  Just 2 houses away!

I still feel like we are in the country..well, I guess we are!

This is on the house a few streets away.  I picked out the same door, but mine is frosted glass.  I'll have it painted, but I am sure it'll take me 3 months to decide on a colour!!!

3 comments:

  1. I going to have to stand outside and charge admission to that park in order to pay for all this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best view! Best door! Best house, I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh Ryan!!! looks beautiful Cait!

    ReplyDelete